0.15.0: Barbecue Trash Cleaning
Hello everyone! A new update for Tiny Life was just released, which means it’s time to share some screenshots and explanations with you all.
This update features a lot of fixes for long-standing issues, including cars being spawned randomly when a map is loaded, and people looking kind of stuttery when on their way to social actions.
There are some fun new features as well, though!
Grill at the new park
I added a lovely new park to the suburban part of the map that features two new furniture pieces: Some barbecues as well as some picnic tables! People can grill various new food items at the barbecue, too.
Clean stuff up
Of course, there have been cleaning interactions in the game for quite a while now, namely cleaning dishes at a sink and mopping puddles. However, since I plan on expanding the cleaning system in the future, there is now a skill that helps you out!
The cleaning skill can be acquired by simply cleaning stuff up as usual, and the higher the skill is, the faster you’ll be cleaning stuff up. There are some other perks though:
- The higher your skill level, the less likely it is to be disgusted by dirty dishes
- At level 3, mopping puddles will mop a 3x3 area instead of just a single puddle, which is very useful for cleaning up spills from broken objects
- Getting the skill to the max level allows you to use the Clean Everything interaction
Watch your language
There have been a few improvements to Tiny Life’s localization over the last few weeks thanks to some dedicated helpers. An Italian translation will be coming soon (probably in the next update, no promises though!), but this update features a Chinese translation thanks to the awesome Rosareven.
Additionally, the Steam store page will now be localized for multiple languages, including German and Chinese, too! The itch page will stay English-only though, since there doesn’t seem to be a feature to translate the content of the page.
As always, there is plenty of stuff in this update that I haven’t talked about, most of which isn’t necessarily all that talk-about-able. If you’re interested in the full changelog, you can view it in the game’s main menu or right here:
- Added a barbecue and some grillable food items
- Added a picnic table with attached benches
- Added a new nature-style park with picnic tables and barbecues to the map
- Added an outdoor trash can and a Throw Away interaction
- Added a cleaning skill and some new, related actions
- Added chinese translation (Rosareven)
- Added multiple new funny actions
- Added a few personality-related emotions and actions
- Added a trash collector global employment which will go around public lots and clean up trash that was left behind
- Made off the grid (ALT) furniture placement pixel-based
- Improved font smoothing, making small text and tooltips easier to read
- Made sounds in hidden rooms a lot quieter
- Made households on the default map know the personality types of their members
- Don’t let people that are hidden from the player starve to death
- Rebalanced jobs, making them give you less ridiculous amounts of money
- Made people with global lot employments have slower need decay, stopping the mail deliverer from passing out constantly
- Made tooltips on invalid actions display instantly
- Walls will now only be removed using the Remove tool when there is a line drawn through them, or when both sides are contained in a rectangle
- Disallow wall hanging objects from being placed off the grid
- Fixed paintings on easels being hidden with the Hide Hanging Objects option enabled
- Fixed people trying to get ingredients to cook when there were no available counters to prepare the food on
- Fixed people stuttering visually when on their way to social actions
- Fixed cars being spawned erroneously when the map is loaded
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.